Club for Youth Empowerment 018 (KOM 018) from Serbia will implement the project “Urban Connection” within Creative Europe for the Strand: European Cooperation Projects in cooperation with Beyond Borders ETS – Italy, Teatro Metaphora – Portugal, Perspektiva – Albania, Art Republic Prague – Czech Republic and Szolnoki Break Tánc és Extrém Sportegyesüle – Hungary. Project proposal engages both young and already recognized hip hop artists in the WB and EU and strengthen the cultural cooperation between 6 countries by creating joint cultural platform.
The project tends to build capacities of young performers through support of their recognized colleagues and foster transnational circulation of creative works of hip hop culture.
The aim of the project is to increase cultural cross-border cooperation within 6 European countries.
Its specific objectives are:
- To build capacities of young artists in partner countries with competences, skills and knowledge to become recognized at the Western Balkans and EU level.
- To support international activities of hip hop culture through multi-lateral street art events.
- To increase transnational circulation of cultural works among artists of 6 participating countries.
Project “Urban Connection” will provide young artists with capacity building opportunities through different study visits related to different hip hop elements and artistic expression through organization of Urban Connection Tour that will include series of hip hop culture events and festivals. The target groups of the project are young artists coming from 6 participating countries (rappers, break dancers, hip hop dancers, graffiti artists, conceptual artists, photographers and similar) – they will increase their knowledge and skills in different artistic fields, will perform in 6 countries and will be empowered with new skills through work with their senior colleagues, hip hop artists – will increase transnational visibility and performance in the project countries, young people – artists will reach as many people as possible in across Europe and extend access to cultural works and exhibitions, and local communities.
Study Visit in Madeira 22-26 August 2022
Street art installations under green steps study visit was organized in Madeira, Portugal – young artists from participating countries gathered to work through master classes with the experts on recycling materials and creating street art installations. At the same time they will network among themselves developing ground for future cooperation and expansion of the joint market and performances.
Host of the study visit will be Teatro Metaphora, experienced organizer of street art installation events.
Teatro Metaphora – Associação de Amigos das Artes is a non-profit association, which was founded in 2009 on Madeira island, Portugal. Since then, the organization develops cultural, educational, and environmental activities for the benefit of the community’s development. The organization’s activities are an essential part of the overall strategy for Madeira to be a creative community, and theorganization itself a meeting point for innovation and change, aimed at strengthening the excellence of our island.
Project “Urban Connection” is implemented in the period 01.05.2022 – 31.12.2023 and is co-financed by the European Union through Creative Europe program.
- Erasmus +: https://www.facebook.com/EUErasmusPlusProgramme
- KOM 018: https://www.facebook.com/KOM018
- Dodji na Amfi: https://www.facebook.com/dodjinaamfi
- Beyond Borders: https://www.facebook.com/beyondbordersitaly
- Stay Fresh Crew: https://www.facebook.com/SzolnokiBreak
- Perspektiva: https://www.facebook.com/perspektiva4youth
- Teatro Metaphora: https://www.facebook.com/TeatroMetaphora
- Art Republic Prague: https://www.facebook.com/ArtRepublicPrague
- KOM 018: kom018.nis.serbia
- Dodji na Amfi: dodji_na_amfi
- Beyond Borders: beyondbordersitaly
- Perspektiva: perspektiva4youth
- Teatro Metaphora: teatrometaphora
- Art Republic Prague: artrepublicprague